Friday 22 October 2010

Blog 6 - Appealing to the Target Audience

My film is targeted at 15-21 year old's. My film appeals to the target audience because the main characters are teenagers therefore the audience can relate to the characters as they may be similar to them. Also the characters go through different problems in the film including a relationship between girlfriend and boyfriend which the audience could relate to or even sympathise as they may be going through a similar situation.

The type of people that would be appealed my film would be 15-21 year old girls. I think girls would enjoy my film more because the main character in the film is a girl and it features a relationship which boys may not be interested in as it is too sentimental. Boys prefer more gory films as they are more action packed. Depending on the budget and the hype around my film it depends on the type of people that would watch my film. If there is a lot of hype and a high budget then Mainstreamers would go and watch my film as they don't want to stand out they want go with what everyone else does however if the film was low key then individualists would be the type of people that would watch my film because not many people would no about it so its different. I think my film would be watched my mainstreamers because the story line is not very original. Socio-economic classification is not very relevant to the teen horror genre as many of the teen don't have jobs they are students.

No comments:

Post a Comment